Hi you all! I hope you're doing really well at the moment, where you are right now <3
I just gave some healing and that always make me feel connected, refilled and glowing.
The cat is feeling better and better. He's eating very well, and becomes cuddlier and cuddlier. In the evenings he wants to play, so I play with him with great joy :)
The other day we gave him a bath. Of course, it wasn't popular - at first, but boy did he enjoy being clean once dried up?? It's like the bath lifted his life quality to a whole new level! I've bathed dogs, but they some what seems to like being dirty, not really appreciate a clean fur, but I have a sense that cats are different.
Now, when his clean, his allowed to sleep in our bed, which he loves of course. But in the night, he's kicked out from the bedroom.
I've been feeding him coconut oil, and the other day, I was in the middle of the making of some raw chai mousse, when he sat up and yowling watching me intensely. I then had one cup of coconut oil that I was just about to add to the food processor. So I got the hint and gave him half of a teaspoon coconut oil that he loved :) When I introduced him to the coconut oil, the first day he arrived, he was sceptic, but couldn't help but have a lick or two. This time he asked to have some, which makes me really happy :)
|Just came out from the shower, NOT happy!|
|Clean and dry, a whole new cat emerged! :D|
Some of you might not now that I have a food intolerance to nuts, especially almonds, which sadly are one of my favorite nuts. I need to stay clean from nuts for two years, then I can start eating them again.
I made a nut free mango and lime pies. And with this recipe it's important to choose very ripe and sweet mangos. If you find persian honey mangos, than they would fit great in this recipe! You find the recipe in Swedish further down!
Health benefits of mango:
• Good for the kidney
• Improves digestion - so good for people suffering from acidity, and it's full of enzymes that also helps the digestion. It has bio-active elements (esters, terpenes and aldehydes) that aids digestion too.
• Lowers cholesterol - the high levels of soluble dietary fiber, pectin and vitamin C helps in lowering the the LDL cholesterol.
• For better sex - The vitamin E (which is abundant in mangos), regulates the sex hormones and boosts sex drive.
• Memory and concentration - mangos are helpful for children who lack concentration in studies, as it contains glutamine acid, which keep brain cells alive and functioning.
• High in iron
• Helps against acne - mangos hepls in clearing clogged pores. Slice the mango in thin pieces and place on your face for 10-15 min and wash your face with warm water.
• Prevents Cancer & Heart disease - it's the high amounts of anti oxidants in mangos that fights cancer and heart diseases, it also lowers the cholesterol.
Nut free Mango~Lime Tarts (Swedish further down!)
• 1 cup dates, pitted and soaked for 20 min.
• 1 cup of shredded coconut
• a pinch of salt
Blend the ingredients in a food processor into a dough, you might need to use a spoon to help the mixing, alternatively use your hands. Press into a big pie form, or three small ones.
• 2 ripe, sweet mangos
• 0.5 teaspoon lime juice
• zest from one organic lime
• 4-5 tbsp Coconut oil (hard but soft enough to scoop up with a spoon)
• light Agave to taste
Cut the mangos in pieces, and add with the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and blend until smooth. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
If you like my recipes, please share with your network on facebook.
You find more recipes of divine raw desserts in my dessert eBook, The Dessert Revolution.
Take care and have a lovely weekend!!
Nötfri Mango~Lime paj
• 2 dl dadlar, urkärnade och blötlagda i 20 min
• 2 dl riven kokos
• 1 nypa rosa Himalaya salt
Kör ingredienserna i en matberedare tills du har en deg. Du kan behöva hjälpa till med en sked, alt. blanda med händerna i sista skedet. Tryck ner degen i en vanlig pajform, eller tre mindre.
• 2 mogna mangosar, ju sötare desto bättre
• 0.5 tsk lime juice
• zest från en ekologisk lime
• smaka av med Agave nektar
• 4-5 msk Cocosolja
Kör ingredienserna i en matberedare tills helt slät. Häll över pajbotten och ställ i kylen att vila i 1-2 timmar, eller över natten.
Klicka 'share on facebook' om det här receptet faller dig i smaken! Om du gillar mina efterrätter, då ska du ta en titt på min eBok med 20 olika raw desserter, The Dessert Revolution. Den finns på svenska och engelska.
Ha en härlig helg!
/Kärlek och bra saker, Karolina~