Jakob's been crunching for weeks working on several deadlines at the same time being the most lovely partner anyone could imagine, doing his best, full with gratitude, humbleness and appreciation. So this morning I treated him with a super food breakfast. As always he's like a little child on christmas morning every time I make something raw so it's really fun to surprise him! *love you baby*
I took some of the raw pastry left overs (from the danish pastry post) and drizzled raw maca chocolate on top, made flax crackers, a chocolate spread to go with them and poured some coconut water that we love to drink every day. The smoothie is for me though.
I make these hard core super food smoothies that I don't think anyone else likes but me... In them I have banana, camu camu (for the incredible amount of vitamin C that is needed for a healthy nervous system, the brain and a thousand other things), carob (for the calcium and magnesium), hemp oil (for the perfect balance of Omega fatty acids), acaí berry powder (for the antioxidants), mesquite (for the fibre, 15% protein, taste and minerals) and barley grass powder (for the chlorophyll, iron and being a DNA healer, and balance it gives me).
Five Benefits of Coconut water:
• It's packed with electrolytes.
Electrolytes are electrically charged ions that play a vital role in maintaining proper functionality of your nerves, heart, and other muscles. Also each time you sweat, you lose important electrolytes, especially potassium and sodium. In order to repair your body, you need to fill up your electrolyte levels.
The electrolytes takes care of and balances the fluids in the cell. If the amount of electrolytes and the water of the cell reduce, the body gets dehydrated.
The essential electrolytes are: Potassium, sodium, chloride, magnesium, calcium, phosphate, bicarbonate, sulfate, magnesium and phosphorus.
• It's got plenty of essential vitamins.
Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 , (which helps your body build protein by producing amino acids. B6 also helps produce neurotransmitters to regulate your mood, and it helps metabolize food to increase energy.) B1, Thiamin, which maintains your nervous and circulatory systems, and B2, Riboflavin, which promotes energy metabolism. B9, or Folate (helps your body produce and maintain new cells. Folate is also important for brain health and development).
• Coconut water is all natural, so you don't have to worry about adding wierd addatives, toxins or preservatives into your body.
• Coconut water calms upset stomachs and reduces vomiting. It has lots of dietary fiber which aid and ease digestion. Fibre also helps to remove toxins from the intestines.
• It promotes weight-loss and high energy.
It's the B vitamins plus other essential nutrients in the coconut water that boost your metabolism and promoting energy, which in turn helps in weight-loss.
Super food Crackers
• 1 cup Flax seeds (2 dl)
• 0.5 cup Chia seeds (1 dl)
• 0.5 cup Pumpkin seeds (1 dl)
• 1 tablespoon Acaí berry powder
• 2 tablespoons Blueberry powder
• 2 tablespoons Mesquite or Lucuma powder
• 2 1/4 cup Water (4.5 dl)
Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and let it swell for a couple of hours, or over night. Then spread the mixture very thin on a teflex sheet and dehydrate until crisp (about 8 hours).
Tips: Mix both regular brown flax seeds with golden flax seeds to get a beautiful color.
Chocolate & Lúcuma Spread
• 2 tablespoons Tahini or Nut butter
• 1 tablespoon Agave nectar
• 1 tablespoon Cacao powder or Carob
• 1 tablespoon Lúcuma powder
Stir the ingredients by hand and enjoy on a flax cracker!
[What is lúcuma?]
Lúcuma (Lu-ku-ma) is a fruit powder that gives not only a unique flavor to your raw sweets, it also gives a wonderful texture to smoothies, fillings, spreads and not to mention raw ice creams! Lucuma is a subtropical fruit from the dry subtropical Andean coastal valleys of Peru. The trees grow at 1000-2400 meters above sea level. The fruit is very nutritious, having high levels of carotene, vitamin B3, carbohydrates, fibre, vitamins and minerals (such as iron etc). In some countries it is one of the most popular ice-cream flavors.
• Not signed up for my free eLetter yet? Oh no... That means you're missing out on a lot of exciting stuff, like cool raw recipes, info and offers (mostly for the swedish readers). It's easy fixed though, sign up in the submission box to the right blog-column. See you there!
• Want more? Then click like to The Raw Dessert Kitchen's Page on Facebook to get updates. And I'd LOVE to hear from you! Tell me what you think about stuff, your opinion and feedback means a lot to me.
Thanks a lot for reading!