Hello Earthlings and beings in between.
It is hard to write anything these days. My focus and empathy goes to Japan. My chest feels heavy, as if there were a tremendous grief there. I know that this is the beginning of the end. The end of the Old Ways. Something new will arise from this, but still there is a tremendeous loss, grief, fear and pain going on. I think that this is the true beginning of the earth changes that is misunderstood as an 2012-apocalypse by some. Obviously, for the ones in the middle of chaos, this IS an apocalypse. But the pieces of the earth-puzzle must be rearranged for the New World Order to take it's place.
The catastrophe in Japan was foreseen by Edgar Cayce, who said "the greater portion of Japan must go into the sea." Read more about his fascinating revelations on the future here.
Baking though was lightening up my day yesterday. Chocolate always cheers me up! I was spending most of the day mixing different batches, testing and adjusting flavors. This ice cream cupcakes are inspired by the Swirl Pecan Pie, from my dessert ebook The Dessert Revolution.
• Just over 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts
• Just over 1/2 cup coconut milk (mix 1/2 cup shredded coconut and 3/4 cup water, and press through a “nut milk bag”).
• 50 g Cacao butter (1/3 cup as chopped and 4 tablespoons as liquid).
• 1/2 dessertspoons real Vanilla
• 2 pinches of Himalayan salt
• 1/2 dessertspoon Sunflower lechitin
• 2 tablespoons Agave nectar
First make the coconut milk, press the milk through the nut milk bag directly into the food processor. Melt the Cacao butter in a water bath. In a food processor, mix all ingredients, except the Sunflower lechitin into a smooth cream. Then add the lechitin and mix for another 1-2 minutes. If the filling starts to get lumpy while processing, it is because the melted Cacao butter is starting to cool down. If that is the case, just heat up the water bath and carefully warm the filling until it is smooth again. Set aside to firm a bit in the fridge.
• Just over 1/2 cup almond milk (in a blender, mix 1/3 cup almonds and 3/4 cup water and press through a “nut milk bag”.
• 1,5 dessertspoons of Sunflower lechitin
• 65 g chopped Cacao butter (6 tablespoons as liquid).
• 4 tablespoons raw Cacao powder
• 1/4 dessertspoon real Vanilla
• 2 pinches of Himalayan salt
• 2,5 tablespoons Agave nectar
Make the almond milk the same way as the coconut milk. Melt the Cacao butter and add all the ingredients in a food processor but the Sunflower lechitin. Mix very well. Then add the lechitin and blend for another 1-2 min. Put the chocolate cream in the fridge and wait for the two fillings to get the same consistency.
Pour the fillings in layers in a silicon cupcake form. Use a toothpick to make a swirl.
If you want the swirl pattern to be white, then start pouring the vanilla layer first. If the fillings are runny, then you might need to put the cupcake in the freezer after every layer to harden a bit. Finish with the chocolate layer on top, don't put the cupcake in the freezer this time. Add a drop of the vanilla filling on top and start playing around with the toothpick. If you want the swirled pattern to be brown, do the other way around. Put your cupcakes in the freezer to harden.
Love you guys.. Let's build a new world together!