Thursday, August 11, 2011

Potassium & Health, plus a Soul-feeding weekend

Hi friends! 
I had an amazing weekend, visiting one of my favorite cities in Sweden (Norrköping) for the first time in almost a decade. I spend a couple of years there in my early twenties that had a huge impact on me. 


I met up with old friends I haven't spoken face to face with in such a long time. We walked the streets I used to walk and I could remember old thoughts, feelings, conversations, aha-moments that I got walking there for the first time. It was like tying two loose ends together. I felt like a whole new person when I got back home. ^^

I did a hair mineral analysis a few weeks ago, so now I'm eating extra of vitamin C, B, A, E, and minerals like zinc, magnesium, niacin, manganese, chromium and potassium.
These supplements are based upon my individual metabolic type and my unique mineral pattern. 
I'm sure I eat nutritious food and all, but I have had deficiency in hydrochloric acid (saltsyra) so I haven't been able to absob the nutrition. But one thing that struck my eye was one mineral - potassium (kalium). It plays an important role for people with anxiety and stress disorders. It is one of the most important minerals in the body, without it you just can't be healthy and feel great.

• How it works in your body: Potassium transmits electrical signals between cells and nerves. It has alkaline properties, so it is a very important mineral which helps to maintain a good PH level and water inside the body (it is an electrolyte). It is required for keeping heart, brain, kidney, muscle tissue and other important organs in good condition.

• Effects: It is considered as a perfect stress buster, and plays an important role for people suffering from anxiety and stress. It also assists in metabolic processes and extracting the energy out of nutrients, among a great number of other things.

• Where do I find potassium? Dried mangoes and apricots, peas, tomatoes, leafy greens, lima beans and potato skins, bananas, avocados, dates, kiwi, raisins, melons, citrus fruits, nuts (almonds) and chocolate. And if you eat animal protein; chicken, whole milk, fish, clams. 

So.. On the agenda for the other half of this week, I'm planning a new (cute) dessert recipe for you :) I'm also in the middle of planning my new bussines: RAW DESSERT CATERING! I already got my first order *thrilled*. I'm actually in the middle of a lot of things concerning Love raw and The Raw Dessert Kitchen, so I'm a busy bee right now. You'll see the result further down the road. I'm glad and grateful that you want to walk with me.. Cross the bridge with me.. 

Love
/Karolina~
The view from the backside of a little herbal garden
An old hotel





Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Tant Grön said...

Haha, jag tänkte det när jag såg första bilden på dig i lusthuset vid strömmen, att det där ser ju ut som lusthuset vid strömmen :-D Ja, jag bor ju då i Norrping :-)

Love Raw ~ Karolina said...

Hehe :) Många har kommenterat det på den bilden på facebook.

HiHoRosie said...

wow! That first pic - so tranquil and beautiful!

April said...

It looks like you had an amazing trip!

Love Raw ~ Karolina said...

HiHoRosie: Yes it truly was.. A memory to keep in the heart <3

April: Oh yes it was, so wonderful. Soul feeding :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...